Wednesday, March 4, 2015

La Tovara Jungle Tour - San Blas, Nayarit, Mexico

For a few days now I've been trying to continue the San Blas story, but I just can't find the words to explain the Jungle Tour. It is peaceful and romantic and adventuresome, interesting, informative and simply a very cool thing to do.

It starts at this boat landing, costs the peso equivalent of about 15 American dollars per person, including tip, and lasts about 3 hours.






300 species of birds (we saw maybe 50), 3 kinds of iguanas, turtles, snakes, ocelots (or so I'm told) and crocodiles live here.

I'm not eloquent enough to convey the awesomeness of the Jungle Tour so I'll just post a bunch of pictures and let you see for yourself.

















An old movie set, maintained by the tour guides


Gradually the salt water changes to fresh and at the end there is a large, spring-fed, fresh water pool for swimming (chain link fenced to keep the crocodiles out, of course!).

No comments:

Post a Comment