Saturday, November 8, 2014

Bittersweet Departure

Two weeks after returning from the States we are readying the boat and ourselves to leave San Carlos. We have spent a lot of time here this summer and last, made some very good friends, and had many memorable experiences. I am excited to be sailing again, to see Baja again and, most of all, to return to my beloved Mazatlan. But I am very sad to be leaving this place that seems so much like home. We will be back in a couple of weeks to retrieve my car from storage, but we will be tourists then, just passing through and spending a night or two in a hotel. So this is good-bye San Carlos.
Sadly there are no photos to accompany this post. The internet connection is too slow to upload; one of the things I won't miss about leaving here!

No comments:

Post a Comment